GNUCash optional compile-time features

Dave Peticolas dave@krondo.com
26 Aug 2001 14:55:56 -0700

--=-nPJqgW3nb23Fbu+ZJHCo

On Fri, 2001-08-24 at 06:23, Adrien Beau wrote:
> Hello again,
>=20
> I write this second mail to expose some of the questions that
> came to my mind when I was reading the output of
> ./configure --help.
>=20
> It seems there are some features that are disabled by default,
> though they have some interesting names. This can mean two
> things: Either they're too outdated, only needed by early
> adopters, or they're too unstable, being actively hacked right
> now.
>=20
> So, what's the status and functionnal purpose of:
>=20
>         - gnumeric support

There is some old code in there for exporting gnucash data
to gnumeric files. I'm not sure if it is working atm.

>         - database support

There is an sql backend that serves as an alternative
to storing your gnucash data in xml. It has not been
extensively used/tested yet.

>         - bonobo support=B9

GnuCash does not use bonobo directly atm. Bonobo is
Gnome's CORBA-based component framework.

dave

--=-nPJqgW3nb23Fbu+ZJHCo

--=-nPJqgW3nb23Fbu+ZJHCo--