GNUCash optional compile-time features

Adrien Beau adrien.beau@free.fr
Fri, 24 Aug 2001 15:23:20 +0200

Hello again,

I write this second mail to expose some of the questions that
came to my mind when I was reading the output of
./configure --help.

It seems there are some features that are disabled by default,
though they have some interesting names. This can mean two
things: Either they're too outdated, only needed by early
adopters, or they're too unstable, being actively hacked right
now.

So, what's the status and functionnal purpose of:

        - gnumeric support
        - database support
        - bonobo support¹

¹ I know it is enabled by default, but I don't know what
  Bonobo is. I've seen this software mentionned here and
  there in the news, but haven't seen an explanation yet.

I intend not to change the compile defaults, since I will only
use GNUCash for usual personnal purposes, but would like to
know if I'm missing something.

Thank you for your answers.

--
Adrien Beau - adrien.beau@free.fr - http://adrien.beau.free.fr
 Mes propos n'engagent que moi et en aucun cas mes employeurs