gnucash 1.6.1 questions

Michal Palczewski mpalczew@u.washington.edu
28 Aug 2001 16:32:46 -0700

I've been using gnucash ever since the motif version. Right now I'm
using 1.6.1. I use gnucash just to keep track of my bank acount balance.

Ever since I upgraded from 1.4.x to 1.6.x gnucash has demanded that I
balance all my new transactions. Is there a way to turn this off and go
back to the 1.4.x behaviour where gnucash just didn't care? Otherwise I
just get nagged every once in a while to split into my huge, useless
imbalance acount.

Also I've noticed that gnucash likes to fill the directory of the xac
with tons of backup files. I tend to remove them manually every once in
while, but if I forget to, it will fill my rather small harddrive. Is
there a way to turn backups, I think logrotate could do a better job.

Mike