Debian 1.6.4-3 install problems

Linas Vepstas linas@linas.org
Tue, 4 Dec 2001 19:28:50 -0600

On Tue, Dec 04, 2001 at 06:16:37PM -0500, James A. Treacy was heard to remark:
> On Fri, Nov 30, 2001 at 11:05:46PM -0800, Jens wrote:
> >
> I have been using the debian package of gnucash for ages and it works fine.
> Are you sure you upgraded all the dependencies?
> 'apt-get update ; apt-get dist-upgrade' is your friend. :)

To defend Jens, debain unstable was broken for a long time over guppi
(something approaching half a year; I haven't tried recently).  There
were conflicts between python (python2 vs python1.5) and guppi,  guppi
was built with the older python.  Then later, you couldn't install guppi
and libguppi-dev at the same time!  Then later, you couldn't install
gnucash without uninstalling evolution and a kitchen sinks worth of
other gnome apps, primarily due to the the guppi conflicts steming
from the python version mismatches.  Other than that little black spot
that hit close to home, debain unstable is superb; nay excellent.

--linas

--
pub  1024D/01045933 2001-02-01 Linas Vepstas (Labas!) <linas@linas.org>