gnucash 1.4.10 importing of CBB 0.8.1 generated QIF files?

GnuCash List gnucash-list@doink.com
Thu, 13 Dec 2001 14:38:09 -0800 (PST)

Hi, I tried to import CBB exported QIF files.  I managed to get past the
usual "!" trouble, and I imported them all at one time, like it says to
do in the help.  Then I went through all of the accounts in the importer
window and corrected any account types, etc.  It seems that the number of
transactions is way off on most accounts, sometimes by as much as 10X.
The only accounts that worked correctly were those with 2 or 3 transactions,
none of which were between other accounts.

Any advice on how to get gnucash 1.4.10 on my Mandrake 8.0 system to import
CBB 0.8.1 generated QIF files correctly?

Thanks....