order of accounts?

Dan Kegel dank@alumni.caltech.edu
Sun, 04 Feb 2001 16:44:39 -0800

Dan Kegel wrote:
> how do I change the order in which accounts appear in the
> main window?  Dragging doesn't work, and there's no cut-and-paste.

Aha: gnucash simply doesn't let you do that.

Accounts appear to be sorted according to their type and name
*as of time of first display*; changing the type and name afterwards
doesn't affect the order in which they appear.
When you save and reload, it resorts first by type, then by name.

The documentation seems to show an impossible Table of Accounts;
it lists Equity before Income, but gnucash won't display them
in that order.  This at first made me think I had entered them
in the wrong order, which made me wonder if I was going crazy...
- Dan