GUI Problem?

Dave Peticolas dave@krondo.com
Tue, 13 Feb 2001 01:10:21 -0800

Judd Maltin writes:
> Hi folks,
>
> I'm running 1.4.10 and in most of the ways I can create a second line of
> an entry (either the transaction button or the drop down box), after I
> enter the account to transfer to and hit enter to register the changes,
> the AMOUNTS just disappear... on both sides of the transaction.

You're talking about entering a split transaction, right? Could you
give some more details? What register mode are you in?  Are you
entering a new transaction or editing an old one?

One thing that may be confusing: In gnucash 1.4.x in multi-line mode, the
debits and credits in the 'split' lines are 'reversed'. The idea was that
the values under the 'total' in the transaction line would add up to the
total amount.

> Looked for a good way to enter a bug, but the gnome bug site linked to
> from the gnucash.org web page was a little outdated.  Is it good to post
> there?

You can use bugs.gnome.org, but this list is fine, too.

dave