Download: No chance!

Dan Kegel dank@alumni.caltech.edu
Wed, 14 Feb 2001 14:06:38 -0800

Christian Rolli wrote:
> sorry to bug you again.
> Just tried to download Gnucash for the third time. I
> download the file gnucash-1.4.10.tar.gz, 3466K, takes
> some 10+ minutes, the download finishes, but no program
> there! Should I try it with my Win partition (to make
> sure it's there) and move it to Linux thereafter?
> Any guesses?

This happens to me fairly often - one way to find the file
is to start a 2nd download but instead of clicking 'OK',
look at the dialog box to see exactly what directory and filename
it's using.

Another is to use 'find' as the previous poster suggested,
but that requires you to remember the filename :-)
- Dan