Download: No chance!

Thomas Spahni tsp@lawbiz.ch
Thu, 15 Feb 2001 12:48:24 +0100 (CET)

On Wed, 14 Feb 2001, Christian Rolli wrote:

> sorry to bug you again.
> Just tried to download Gnucash for the third time. I
> download the file gnucash-1.4.10.tar.gz, 3466K, takes
> some 10+ minutes, the download finishes, but no program
> there! Should I try it with my Win partition (to make
> sure it's there) and move it to Linux thereafter?
> Any guesses?

You might try using lynx to download the link. By the way: using Netscape
Communicator 4.7 I clicked the right mouse button on the link, selected
"Save link as ..." and it came in all ok. Maybe you have to check
permissions.

I use

GNC_DOC_INSTALL_DIR=/usr/doc/packages ./configure --prefix=/usr \
--sysconfdir=/etc

to configure, then "make" and "su -c 'make install'"

Af doing 'RTFM' (as we all should) and adding a few packages I compiled
1.4.10 on SuSE 6.4 with no apparent problems.

Tschüss,
Thomas