OH HELP!

canderson@spacebridge.com canderson@spacebridge.com
Thu, 15 Feb 2001 10:17:48 -0500

I am running the latest stable version of gnucash (1.4.10) on Mandrake
7.2.  This morning after entering a months worth of data I tried to save
and got an error message saying that there was a problem saving the
file.   A few seconds later a dialog pops up asking me to save the file
or renaming the file.  I chose save and a prompt  if I wanted to
overwrite the existing file.  Seeing that it is the same file I chose
yes (unfortunately).  I subsequently opened the file just to check if
everything was ok., it was not.  My 5 years of financial data went into
the bit bucket. Gone,  all of it.  There are still log files and .xac
files,  is there a way to rebuild the database, or get back my data from
these files?  Please help -- that's a lot of data to loose.  In case
anyone is wondering about the 5 years, I was a quicken addict and gave
up waiting for them to make a linux version of their software.  I have
now switched to gnucash and I a'int  looking back.

Clive...