GNC-PRICES

Paul Lussier pll@mclinux.com
Thu, 22 Feb 2001 10:49:43 -0500

In a message dated: 22 Feb 2001 09:37:28 CST
Rob Browning said:

>Paul Lussier <pll@mclinux.com> writes:
>
>> Hmmm, any way that a "gnucash" CPAN bundle could be created so people could
>> just run:
>>
>> 	perl -MCPAN -e "install Bundle::GnuCash"
>>
>> and automagically get all the necessary modules installed?
>
>Shouldn't the RedHat package just depend on the right things?  And for
>development, I think we should just add the right information to the
>configure.in AC_MSG_ERRORs...

In theory, yes, however, I'm using Debian, so then you'd have to make the
Debian package use the right things, which might not be a bad idea, however,
what about those using this on Slackware, or Solaris, etc.

If there are several perl modules needed, this just makes it a little easier
to accomplish this portion of the installation.

In reality, it's probably no big deal either way, since you can install each
package individually.  Though, for documentation purposes, I think it's easier
to write:

	Make sure you've installed all required perl modules by running
	the following command (you may need to be root):

		perl -MCPAN -e "install Bundle::GnuCash"

versus:

	Make sure you've installed all required perl modules.  You'll need
	the following packages:

		module1
		module2
		.