libguile problem

Stanley A. Klein sklein@cpcug.org
Thu, 22 Feb 2001 19:51:24

At 12:01 PM 2/22/2001 -0600, <brownh@hartford-hwp.com> wrote:

>Message: 1
>Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2001 08:03:04 -0500
>From: <brownh@hartford-hwp.com>
>To: gnucash-user@lists.gnumatic.com
>Subject: libguile problem
>
>I just upgraded from Red Hat 6.2 to 7.0, and as a result lost ability
>to run gnucash:
>
>Error while loading shared library: libguilde.so.4 does not exist or
>can't be found.
>
>However, when I run RPM verify, the problem is described as follows:
>
>/usr/bin/gnu-prices	Problem with "file mode"
>/usr/bin/gnucash	Problem with "file mode"
>
>While this sounds like a permissions problem, the permissions look OK.
>
>Haines Brown

I ran into a similar problem upgrading from 6.1, but with different
messages.  First, it appeared that RPM, contrary to its documentation, had
decided that libguile.so.6 (required by Gnome-games) was supposed to
replace libguile.so.4.  The easy fix for me, having neither the time nor
the interest in playing games, to delete Gnome-games and libguile.so.6 and
to reinstall libguile.so.4.

The other problem was that a symbolic link for slib in /usr/share/guile was
incorrect.  I fixed that and GnuCash started to work.

Stan Klein