Back to GUI bug

Judd Maltin judd@maltin.org
Thu, 22 Feb 2001 14:52:07 -0500

Hey coders,

Got this bug down pat now.

Open a register that has entries without any splits.  For example, an
accounts receivable entry indicating an invoice was sent and we're
awaiting payment of say, $3.00.  If it just been invoiced, and payment
hasn't been received yet I  *won't* have the second line of the entry
indicating the checking account a potentially received check should be
deposited into.  When (if) the check arrives safely in my hands, and I
get it to the bank, the appropriate line must be added to the
aforementioned appropriate accts recvble entry, e.g.
"Bank:MyCompany:Checking".

Well, if I try to enter that second line of the entry without indicating
how much money was actually deposited, because I assume that I'll be
depositing all of that money, then when I click 'record' or hit enter,
the amount from the FIRST line disappears and my transaction is recorded
with NO AMOUNTS.  Then I have to go back to my bank statement or invoice
to see how much money I asked for and got.

Que pasa?

Thank for GNUCASH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-judd