Help with install trouble on v 1.4.9

Gorham Miscall gmiscall@mpinet.net
Sun, 25 Feb 2001 15:38:18 -0500

Hi,

	I am trying to install Gnucash 1.4.9-1 (an rpm).  It complains that I
need libguile.so.9.  When I try to install libguile.so.9, it complains
that it can't find /sbin/install-info.  My install-info is in /usr/bin -
I'm running SuSE 6.2.  I've tried creating links to
/usr/bin/install-info and /usr/bin/install in /sbin, and have even tried
copying the install-info, and install files to the /sbin directory.  I
get the same error.

	Any help will be greatly appreciated.

	After too many hours of trying to get this installed, I downloaded
gnucash 1.2.1 and was able to install it.  However, when I try to run it
I get the following error message:

gnucash: error in loading shared libraries: /usr/lib/libguile.so.4:
undefined symbol: qt_error

	/usr/lib/libguile.so.4 is in place. I'm frustrated!!

thanks for any help,

Gorham
P.S. Moneydance is starting to look pretty good, but I want gnucash!

--
"...And the sea shall grant each man new hope."
     - C. Columbus