'save off' last year's data ??

Rob Browning rlb@cs.utexas.edu
26 Feb 2001 18:57:06 -0600

Thomas Spahni <tsp@lawbiz.ch> writes:

> So, what is the suggested work around? Start with a new filename
> and re-enter all accounts? Or -- is there any easy way to delete
> everything except the accounts from a copy?

Well, with the newer XML version data files, if you're handy with a
text editor, you could conceivably just make a copy of the file and
edit it to delete all of the <transaction> blocks.  That should
preserve your account hierarchy.

In the long run, we want to do something more like "closing the
books", which involves some accounting entries to roll up your income
and expenses for the year, etc.