GNUcash Save As Problem

Richard Court lostsocks@my-deja.com
Tue, 27 Feb 2001 07:12:27 -0800

All,

I downloaded a qif file for the period from Jan 1 - Feb 27, 2001 and saved it as PCF20010227.qif in my /home/richard/PCF directory. I then imported this file in Canadian dollars. When I tried to save it, I accidently clicked SAVE and it saved a translog.20010227093419.log file to my /home/richard directory.

I really wanted it to be saved to /home/richard/PCF and I subsequently chose the SAVE AS option but didn't know what to call the file. I called it translog20010227 and it created a bunch of translog files - one with no extension, one .log, and one .xac. Did I save it correctly (i.e., are there a total of three files for each save?). What are the purpose of these various files? The discrepancies between my first SAVE and my second SAVE AS has me puzzled (one file verses three files). What should I have called the SAVE AS file?

How do I check to see if GNUcash is picking up the .qif file in my /home/richard/PCF directory and not in the other directory?

The PCF directory will obviously get quite busy with future downloads. Is this the best way to handle saving files for the long term?

Sorry for all these questions. Any advice appreciated.

Regards,
Richard Court

--== Sent via Deja.com ==--
http://www.deja.com/