On-line Banking Download Problem

Richard Court lostsocks@my-deja.com
Tue, 27 Feb 2001 06:47:57 -0800

Rob,

Thanks for the tips. I didn't see any .qif applications in my netscape preferences but I tried you second suggestion of right clicking the download link and it prepped the browser to accept the download. I hope that this works in the future. Thanks for helping out, I greatly appreciate it.

Regards,
Richard
-------------------------------

>To: "Richard Court" <lostsocks@my-deja.com>
>Cc: gnucash-user@lists.gnumatic.com
>Subject: Re: On-line Banking Download Problem
>From: Rob Browning <rlb@cs.utexas.edu>
>Date: 26 Feb 2001 23:00:15 -0600
>
>"Richard Court" <lostsocks@my-deja.com> writes:
>
>> When I attempt to download the .qif files, instead of a download
>> dialog window, I get a window displaying some of the transactions
>> headed /tmp/MO3...qif with a 'stderr' message at the bottom. Also, I
>> vaguely remember seeing some MIME error messages as well.
>
>Sounds like a problem with either your system-wide, or personal
>Netscape "Applications" setup.  If you look in your preferences under
>the Navigator sub-section, you'll see an Applications section.  Scroll
>through the list there and see if it has any settings for .qfx files.
>If so, you should "Edit" the setting and change "Handled By" to "Save
>To Disk".
>
>Alternately, presuming I'm right about the cause of your problem, if
>you're clicking on a link to get your file, then as a one-shot fix you
>should be able to just right click on the link and select "Save Link
>As" from the resulting pop-up menu.
>
>Hope this helps
>
>--
>Rob Browning <rlb@cs.utexas.edu> PGP=E80E0D04F521A094 532B97F5D64E3930