Mortgages and other "loan" types?

linas@linas.org linas@linas.org
Tue, 2 Jan 2001 17:06:08 -0600 (CST)

It's been rumoured that Dave Peticolas said:
> > The recommended way of accessing either file format is to use
> > the libgnc_engine api.  The API is guarenteed to
> > read/write/manipulate the data in a slef-consistent manner.
> > We use swig to build it into a perl module to make it accessible to
> > perl scripts. See gnc-prices for a sample perl script.
>
> Err, the perl API is deprecated and was actually removed from devel CVS.

I thought it was moved to the 'optional' directory, or something like
that?

> Anyone who wants to take up the standard of perl interoperation is welcome
> to, but some work is required in order to bring the old implementation
> up to date with the changes in the engine api.

?
The whole point of 'swig' is that it crawls through your C header
files and automatically 'guesses' the API.  So there shouldn't be any
porting work there ...

However, since the API changed, then old perl scripts that used it
wouldn't be compatbile with the new API.

--linas