Split Problems

Stephen Walton swalton@sunspot.csun.edu
Wed, 3 Jan 2001 09:28:20 -0800 (PST)

I've seen the same problem:  after entering a split transaction, the next
transaction is automatically filled in as split and there doesn't seem to
be any way to revert to this not being the default behavior.  I'm also
wondering if there is a better way to enter a split for just one
transaction than by entering multi-line mode, putting it in, and returning
to single-line mode.

On my old PHASAR program, one put in splits by entering the special
expense or income category MULTIPLE for the first part of the transaction,
and then entering the individual parts of the split.  In that case, one
put in the total value of the split first and was then prompted to end the
split when the total of the individual parts equalled the whole.  It seems
like GNUcash could allow one to hand-enter the "Split" account when
beginning a split, and then have the Enter key record the entire split;
the tab key would move one to the next part of the split transaction.

--
Stephen Walton, Professor of Physics and Astronomy,
California State University, Northridge