Split Problems

mike.perik@bankofamerica.com mike.perik@bankofamerica.com
Wed, 3 Jan 2001 07:59:06 -0600

Has anyone experienced the following problem and is there more intuitive way
of doing this?

I entered a transaction that I split into two items. I bought something and
also withdrew cash so I wanted the purchase to being recorded for the
appropriate category and the cash to be put into the cash account.  On the
next entry for the same store the 'auto fill-in'  put in a split but this
time I didn't want to split because I was not receiving any money.  I
attempted to delete the cash item line but that failed it always left the
'account' field with 'cash' in it and the amount blank.  I also did a delete
on the transaction and selected to delete the splits I then specified the
transfer account and when I hit enter the transaction disappeared.

The only way I was able to get rid of the split was to type in the
Description and instead of hitting 'tab' I clicked the 'transfer' field and
changed the account.

I would think that there has to be a better way to do this.  I'm using
version 1.4.7 (installed with Mandrake 7.2 distribution).  I'm going to
upgrade to 1.4.9 today, but thought I would report my findings.

Mike