Enabling Double Entry

Robert Graham Merkel rgmerk@mira.net
Thu, 4 Jan 2001 15:45:47 +1100

John W. Tiede writes:
 > I am using Linux-Mandrake 7.2.  I believe that the version
 > of gnucash that they are using is 1.4.7 but it could be
 > patched.  For transactions, there seems to be no "transfer
 > from" or "transfer to" (only "transfer", "deposit", "withdrawal"
 > on the register).  I assume that gnucash is in the single entry mode.
 > I have read the documentation, I downloaded the tarball and searched
 > it and I have searched the gnucash.org site for information on how
 > to enable double entry accounting mode.  Could someone tell me
 > how to do it?

GnuCash is always in "double entry" mode.  If you switch to
double-line or multi-line view in the register, it becomes more
obvious.

Robert Merkel	                           rgmerk@mira.net

"We are excited and optimistic about its usage going
forward and, yes, we can teach penguins the military
close-order drill", Mark Norton, US Department of Defense.