Enabling Double Entry

John W. Tiede j.tiede@worldnet.att.net
Tue, 02 Jan 2001 21:22:16 -0700

I am using Linux-Mandrake 7.2.  I believe that the version
of gnucash that they are using is 1.4.7 but it could be
patched.  For transactions, there seems to be no "transfer
from" or "transfer to" (only "transfer", "deposit", "withdrawal"
on the register).  I assume that gnucash is in the single entry mode.
I have read the documentation, I downloaded the tarball and searched
it and I have searched the gnucash.org site for information on how
to enable double entry accounting mode.  Could someone tell me
how to do it?

I know that there are no stupid questions but there are a lot
of inquisitive idiots in the world.  Thanks for your help.

John TD