GnuCash futures..

Bill Gribble grib@gnumatic.com
Fri, 12 Jan 2001 09:14:52 -0600

On Fri, Jan 12, 2001 at 03:02:12AM -0600, Judd Maltin wrote:
> Only a "small business" package (payroll, invoice, etc) would help
> geeks at NYLUG cater to their own and their customer's small/medium
> business needs with GNU solutions.

That's the lovely thing about accounting: $$ don't care if they are in
a "Personal Finance" user's pocket or a "Small Business" user's
pocket.  Every line of code we write for the "personal" version of
gnucash is a line of code that goes into the "small business" version.

We will release the first commercial version of the gnucash code base
as a personal finance program because that's the feature set we have
most completely covered right now.  You can definitely expect to see a
small business version with the features you describe in the near
future, as we have several developers at Gnumatic and in the gnucash
community who are chomping at the bit to get started on it.

b.g.