more problems with g-wrap and Red Hat 6.2

Matt Bacchi mbacchiNOSPAM@together.net
Tue, 16 Jan 2001 16:14:10 -0500

James LewisMoss wrote:

>  Matt> I am still having problems installing gnucash 1.4.9 apparently
>  Matt> because of g-wrap.
>
> You aren't giving enough information.  "Installing"?  Does this mean
> you are using the rpm to install?  If not why not?  What are the exact
> error messages you are getting.  Vague "it doesn't work" bug reports
> don't let us help you.
>
>  Matt> I saw a post by linas in december, regarding g-wrap 0.9.12 and
>  Matt> Red Hat 6.2.  I have also attempted using g-wrap 1.1.4, but
>  Matt> this gives me the same error.  Can anyone shed any light on
>  Matt> this problem.  I have worked on this dependency problem for
>  Matt> quite a few hours now, and can't seem to figure out what needs
>  Matt> to be done.
>
> You need g-wrap 0.9.x to compile gnucash 1.4.9.  You need g-wrap 1.1.5
> or greater to compile current cvs.  You say you are trying to compile
> 1.4.9 that means you need the older g-wrap.  What errors do you get
> (exactly like cut and paste them into the email) when you try to
> compile?  This sort of information will help us help you.

James,
    Thank you for responding.  I wasn't very specific, as you point out, but only
because this was my second post.  When my first one didn't receive any response,
I almost hung up the spikes, but decided to try again.  Would you mind looking at the
post earlier this month, entitled "g-wrap installed but not found".  It has all the
particulars that you are recommending.

To address one of your questions, I'm not using the RPM of gnucash, I'm attempting to
compile it from gnucash-1.4.9.tar.gz.  I was using the g-wrap 0.9.8-2 rpm originally,
but now I have the g-wrap 1.1.4-1 rpm installed.  My biggest question remains: what
is the "g-wrap binary" that the error in my other email talks about.

Thanks for any help you can give.

-Matt