Auto-repeating entries

Paul Lussier pll@mclinux.com
Thu, 18 Jan 2001 10:05:24 -0500

In a message dated: Wed, 17 Jan 2001 18:26:19 EST
Pete Yadlowsky said:

>From what I've read, scheduled transactions seem to be on the future
>projects list. In the meantime, I may look into hacking a perl bridge
>between some calendar utility (e.g. ical) and gnucash. Maybe someone's
>already done this?

This may or may not be a worthwhile idea, but I'll throw it out there anyway :)
How about using GnomeCal instead.

While I love ical, GnomeCal seems a little more full-featured, and the conduit
to sync it with a Palm-Pilot works a lot better (well, it works, which is more
than the ical conduit does :)

This would allow you to enter data into either your GnomeCal or Pilot, and
have GnuCash operate off of that data. Additionally, it would end up on your
PDA, where it could remind you to write/send that check when you're not
actually *at* your system!

However, since I'm not the one writing the bridge, I have no idea what the
difference in level of difficulty is between writing an ical-based bridge vs.
one for GnomeCal.  So, if it makes more sense to use ical, or it's easier,
then by all means, go that route!

Just my $.02 :)
--

Seeya,