Auto-repeating entries

Paul Lussier pll@mclinux.com
Thu, 18 Jan 2001 10:11:56 -0500

In a message dated: Thu, 18 Jan 2001 00:37:18 PST
Dave Peticolas said:

>Sure, we could add those. Any suggestions on what to use?
>What about ; and '. They are pretty close to the day and
>month keys and I don't think they are used in any locales
>for actual date characters.

What about using a modifier key on the day keys?  This would allow you to keep
the same basic key structure for all increment/decrement operations which
would mean it's easier to remember for end-users, and I would expect that
you'd be able to reuse the same code with a simple test to see if a modifier
key is also being used.

	+/-	for days increment/decrement
  Shift +/-	for weeks increment/decrement
    Alt +/-	for months increment/decrement
   Ctrl	+/-	for years increment/decrement

Of course, I'm sure someone will hate this idea, and therefore insist that
this be completely customizable, which will in turn require a whole bunch more
code for something so unimportant in the grand scheme of things :)

Again, just my $.02 (that's $.04 for the day so far :)
--

Seeya,
Paul