gnucash 1.4.8 backing up to floppy

Alan Smith alvirg@metroweb.co.za
Wed, 24 Jan 2001 20:14:54 +0200

Hi all

Sorry for the stupid questions but I am not only new to gnucash but also =
linux.

Which file(s) do I back-up to floppy. I have the following files in my ne=
directory:
1.=09jack (this is the name I gave to the account in "save as")
2.=09jack.20010124200133.xac
3.=09jack.20010124200322.log
4.=09jack.7f0100.1057.LNK
5.=09jack.LCK

What are all these files for?
Which is the data file?
Is the data file backed up/saved as i go along like QuichBooks in Windows=
? I
need to worry about this as I have just had a millisecond power failure t=
hat
closed my computer down whilst working in gnucash.

Yestarday I started to fill in gnucash and saved as I went along. This fo=
lder
is now filled with many .xac and .log files with different numbers but on=
ly one
=2ELNK file This all baffles me and the .xac are getting bigger and bigge=
r. The
smallest is 8 bytes, the largest 19.56k. The largest .xac files looks the=
 same
size as the plain old 'jack' file. Can I delete any of these files.=20

Your guidance please.

There seems to be no back up menu in gnucash so for the moment I am just
copying the 'jack' file to floppy. What is the recommended backup proceed=
ure?
And which files do I backup.

Regards
Alan Smith