gnucash 1.4.8 backing up to floppy

linas@linas.org linas@linas.org
Wed, 24 Jan 2001 14:43:40 -0600 (CST)

It's been rumoured that Alan Smith said:

> Hi all
>
> Sorry for the stupid questions but I am not only new to gnucash but also linux.
>
> Which file(s) do I back-up to floppy. I have the following files in my new
> directory:
> 1.	jack (this is the name I gave to the account in "save as")

This is your main file thaat your data is in.

> 2.	jack.20010124200133.xac
             YYYYMMDDHHMMSS

This is an automatically created backup. Note the date stamp in the
filename itself.  (you worked on this today at 8pm. huh? the clock
on your pc is wrong. you probably have local time in bios, but linux
thinks its Grenich mean time)

A backup is created every time you 'save' to disk.  after a while,
you'll have lots of these.  Delette the oldest ones, or save them as
a 'historical record'.

> 3.	jack.20010124200322.log

A log file. currently unused, safe to delete.

> 4.	jack.7f0100.1057.LNK
> 5.	jack.LCK

lock files. these will stop you from opening a second copy of gnucash
to work on the same file.  If you crashed, and are sure there is no
other running copy of gnucash, you can safely delete these.