importing FIQ to make hierarchical account

Rick Bronson rick@viclink.com
Tue, 03 Jul 2001 08:19:31 -0700

Hi,

  I'm tring to use gnucash in a sort of "stateless" mode, that is I
never want to enter anything by hand into gnucash but instead have
scripts go out in the internet and get all of my historical info.
This would be getting FIQ files from banks, brokerages, etc and then
taking these FIQ files and running them through perl scripts and
pumping them into gnucash.

  The problem I'm having is that I can't seem to make a hierarchical
account setup, much like what's in
/usr/doc/gnucash/examples/trading.xac

  For example, the following file (xxx.fiq)

---------------------------------
!Type:Cat
NTesting
^
!Option:AutoSwitch
!Account
NChecking
TBank
^
!Type:Bank
D06/15/01
T375.00
C*
PDEPOSIT
LIncome:General
^
---------------------------------

  Makes:

- xxx
- Income
  - General

  When I want:

- Bank
  - Checking
- Income
  - General

  Anyone have any ideas on how to do this?  Or ANY example FIQ files
would be great.

  Rick

                                                                   _
                                                                  | |
                                                                  / /__
| Rick Bronson rick@viclink.com Tel 503-474-0572           |       (___)
| Amazonia Computing http://www.vicklink.com/~rick __ o    |_____  (___)
| 1981 NW Thomsen Lane   "Onde esta dinheiro?"    _`\<,    |     \_(___)
| McMinnville, OR 97128   -- Gal Costa         __( )/( )__ |