GnuCash Features Survey

Clinton Popetz cpopetz@cpopetz.com
Tue, 3 Jul 2001 10:50:03 -0500

On Tue, Jul 03, 2001 at 11:43:29AM -0400, Paul Lussier wrote:

> >2) I've never used Linux and never intend to; there's no option for this!
>
> Good point, though I doubt the "average" windows user would be
> interested in GnuCash, there a lot of *BSD and BeOS fans out there.
>
> Though, technically, those platforms should run gc with little
> problem.

Indeed, it took me about 10 minutes to tweak the existing 1.4.X port
to build gnucash 1.6.0 on FreeBSD on the day it was released, and it
built the correct dependencies and built/installed/ran without a
problem.

I used linux for 7 years, and even worked for RedHat at one point, but
I have seen the light of /usr/ports :)

			-Clint