Lost $2,000???

Robert A. Uhl ruhl@4dv.net
Wed, 4 Jul 2001 18:00:53 -0600

I figured out what the problem is.  While gnucash knows about the
current stock price of my IBM shares, and reports the value thereof
correctly in the main account window, it reports the value as of the
last trade in the balance sheet and other reports.  This is a Bad
Thing, IMHO.

I buy IBM stock under the employee purchase plan, which means I get it
at a discount.  It's sort of like stock options, but there's no delay
in time-to-vest, and I have to actually purchase the stock.

With the old GnuCash, I'd just run a gnc-prices after I purchased the
stock at the low (soemtimes ridiculously so) price, in order to force
my worth and assets to an appropriate level.  Anyone have any idea how
to implement this in 1.6?

--
Robert Uhl <ruhl@4dv.net>

It is possible to be so openminded that one's brains come spilling out.
                                                      --Flavio Carillo