new experiences with gc 1.6.0

Poldi Winkler poldiwinkler@planet-interkom.de
Sun, 8 Jul 2001 17:43:35 +0200

hello together,
thanks to Stephan Kahnt (he has created the Binaries for SuSE 7.1)
and after it I could install gc 1.6 without problems. Weeks before
I have tried to compile the sources - it was impossible for me (the
last error was:
" configure: error: gal library not found. "
- gal, gal-devel, and and and  i have installed of course.
But anyway now it is running.
And with this success I have got the next problem (I know it is
normal).
In gc 1.4.9  I use mutual funds and in the register I can buy or
sell shares and I can put in also the DAILY PRICES- the balancing
is calculating at once the new price with the shares - perfect.
Now it is not longer possible in the new register (the old one
-bought, sold, price, value, stock shares, balancing and the new
one shares, price, buy, sell and share balance).
Therefor I have tried to use the price editor( In the help is only
the situation of gc 1.4). I can add, delete and correct a price,
but I didn't found a possibility to SEE the prices of the last days
or months or whatever. And I couldn't find a graph (not yet ?) for
seeing the developments of the prices in the past.
Where can I find the old prices and what possibility is there to
get an overview about the development of the stocks?

I followed the discussion about the "user of gc", I am a ordinary
user!

Thanks in advance

Rgds Poldi