libgal.so.8

Internet Niue stclair@niue.nu
Mon, 16 Jul 2001 13:32:10 -1100

> Yes, it's a bit of a hassle to collect it all. I just upgraded to 1.6
> and had to build 27 packets from source...

Bummer!

> > reason the gnucash still won't run....it hangs on the gnome-print
> > file libgnomeprint.15.so and I don't know why at all.
>
> Hmm.. how does it "hang on the gnome-print file ..."? Error messages?

Bad choice of words on my part.....it actually just stops before it
runs....and tells me in the shell window "error while loading shared library
libgnomeprint.so.15" and then that's it.

1.4 ran great.

And all my gnome stuff *seems* to run OK, although I run KDE desktop. But it
seems like it's all in there.

> > Maybe it's a SuSe thing?
> Dunno, not probable though. Anyway you can just take the source and
> compile the problematic packages yourself.

I've done so much now, I better go back an compile it all instead of trying
to use RPM's.....there may be a directory fault someplace.....like my gnome
stuff is in /opt/gnome/ and that might be the problem. Gnucash may be looking
elsewhere.

I don't know. I just want it to work....<grin>

Cheers
Rich