Problem with dependices

Bill Gribble grib@billgribble.com
Tue, 17 Jul 2001 07:50:57 -0500

On Tue, Jul 17, 2001 at 08:44:10AM -0400, Aaron Benedict wrote:
> I tried doing this but I received the same errors. Here is the output from
> the attempt:
> [root@Alannon tmp]# rpm -ivh tkinter-2.1-2mdk.i586.rpm | rpm -ivh
> python-*.rpm
>
> Did I run the commands incorrectly?

I don't use RPM so I might not understand the conventional usage, but
the above looks very suspicious.  What you are saying is "install
tkinter, taking whatever it might print to the console and sending
that to rpm as input (while installing python)".

My guess is that you just need to put all the files to install on a
single rpm command:

rpm -ivh tkinter-2.1-2mdk.i586.rpm  python-*.rpm

Does that give the same error?

Thanks,
Bill Gribble