Sync with gnome releases

Linas Vepstas linas@linas.org
Tue, 17 Jul 2001 12:31:21 -0500

On Tue, Jul 17, 2001 at 12:14:14PM -0500, Bill Gribble was heard to remark:
> On Tue, Jul 17, 2001 at 11:53:43AM -0500, Linas Vepstas wrote:
> > I think that emails like the below offer a cautionary tale about failing
> > to sync up to gnome releases.  As things currently stand, we have to deal
> > with twice as many RPM's: those built with pre-gnome-1.4 libraries, and
> > those built with post-gnome-1.4 libraries.  If we sync'ed up, then maybe
> > we could avoid some of this .... just an idea ...
>
> I just figured out part of what you mean in the above.  I think you
> misunderstand; all of the RPMs on our site are for gnome 1.4 ... the
> parallel set of RPMs are for *guile* 1.4, which isn't a part of Gnome
> officially and so its versioning has to be handled orthogonally.

Uhh, that wasn't the issue.  The original note mentioned a suse gnucash
rpm which required libgal.so.4 but thier gnome-1.4 system had only
libgal.so.8 and thus, the install was failing.

--linas

--
Linas Vepstas -- linas@gnumatic.com -- http://www.gnumatic.com/