import of QIF drops some sections of split transactions?

Jon Nall nall@pa.dec.com
22 Jul 2001 17:47:02 -0700

hello.
i'm trying to migrate to gnucash 1.6.1 from Quicken 2001 for Mac.
gnucash seems to import my data just fine, but upon closer inspection it
seems that there is a problem. all of my salary deposits into my
checking account are split transactions. there are various accounts
involved: FederalTax, StateTax, 401k, etc. most of these fields are kept
intact, but 2 are just dropped. this causes the total amount "deposited"
into my checking account to be more than it should be (it's more by
exactly the amount dropped). are there known problems with split
transaction QIF imports? a limit on the number of items in the split,
etc?

thanks.
nall.