import of QIF drops some sections of split transactions?

Bill Gribble grib@billgribble.com
Sun, 22 Jul 2001 20:05:34 -0500

On Sun, Jul 22, 2001 at 05:47:02PM -0700, Jon Nall wrote:
> i'm trying to migrate to gnucash 1.6.1 from Quicken 2001 for Mac.
> gnucash seems to import my data just fine, but upon closer inspection it
> seems that there is a problem. all of my salary deposits into my
> checking account are split transactions. there are various accounts
> involved: FederalTax, StateTax, 401k, etc. most of these fields are kept
> intact, but 2 are just dropped. this causes the total amount "deposited"
> into my checking account to be more than it should be (it's more by
> exactly the amount dropped). are there known problems with split
> transaction QIF imports? a limit on the number of items in the split,

There are no known problems of this sort, but I don't doubt that there
are some problems.  Quicken 2001 introduced some new account types and
other things that I have not had time to address in the current QIF
importer.

However, I am currently rewriting the QIF importer to make it more
easily scriptable and am cleaning up a lot of garbage along the way.
If you could email me a short sample QIF file that demonstrates the
problem, along with a description of the correct results, I'll fix it
for the next release.

I will not divulge any financial information in the file(s) you send
to anyone; in fact, I'll probably forget who sent them to me within a
few hours :)

Thanks,
Bill Gribble