SQL Woes under 1.6

Michael T. Garrison Stuber garrisonstuber@bellsouth.net
Sun, 22 Jul 2001 22:30:02 -0400

The SQL backend for GNUCash is driving me batty.  I'm running GNUCash 1.6.1
against PostgresSQL 7.0.3.  I continue to face two problems:

1).  The SQL Backend consistently losses my settings for getting stock
quotes.  It appears that the setting for this is stored via the KVPFrame as
a string setting with the key "old-price-source".  Is this correct?  Is
anyone else having these problems?  What did you do to work around them?

2).  The performance is abysmal.  Any suggestions on what I can tune, or
why it might be so awful?  I've got a PIII-733 w/ 384MB of RAM.  You'd
think it would do the job okay.

--
Michael T. Garrison Stuber