Fwd: Re: Paying Expenses

Linas Vepstas linas@linas.org
Mon, 23 Jul 2001 13:24:33 -0500

On Sat, Jul 21, 2001 at 04:31:25PM -0400, Darryll Truchan was heard to remark:
> On Saturday July 21 2001 03:27, you wrote:
> > On Sat, Jul 21, 2001 at 03:14:44PM -0400, Darryll Truchan wrote:
> > > Informational labels are inconsistent and the
> > > Accounting labels are reversed from how I wish.

To reiterate, you can change the sense of the labels in one of the
preferences dialogs. This works today, and it seems to be enough
in more or less all cases.  Is there a case where this isn't enough?

> Put the lables in
> resources/whatever so I can make them anything I want.  I like the way the
> Asset registers work with deposit and withdrawal, that I understand and I can
> easilly apply that understanding to all other account types.

I beleive Dave is adding something like this is being added to gnucash-1.7.
You'll be able to specify which columns appear, in what order, what's
displayed, etc.  This is a feature that's long been planned; most of the
infrastructure has been there a long long time, just the last step of getting
the config info at runtime from some config file was never implemented.

--linas

--
I'm very PUBLIC-MINDED, I'm helping a NIGERIAN get his $25,000,000 back!