Compiling from source, g-wrap, slackware

James LewisMoss jimdres@mindspring.com
23 Jul 2001 17:45:57 -0400

 Eric> I am trying to compile gnucash 1.4.9 from source on a Slackware
 Eric> 8.0 distribution. I had many problems installing just the
 Eric> supporting software but I think i finally got that done. The
 Eric> only thing is that the latest versions of g-wrap (1.1.x) don't
 Eric> install a g-wrap executable script like the earlier versions
 Eric> do. I install g-wrap fine but I can't compile gnucash because
 Eric> it tries to use the g-wrap script. Has anyone compiled this
 Eric> completely from source? I think that I had to add slib, g-wrap,
 Eric> Guppi, nano, and I don't remeber what else. Slackware 8.0 comes
 Eric> with guile 1.4 (I believe that's what it is). Any help/advice
 Eric> would be much appreciated.

Use the old version of gwrap with 1.4 (0.9.x version of gwrap).

Jim

--
@James LewisMoss <dres@debian.org>      |  Blessed Be!
@    http://jimdres.home.mindspring.com |  Linux is kewl!