printing in ver 1.6

jens psh@home.com
Tue, 12 Jun 2001 21:06:08 -0700

I am having a few problems getting a printout and I was wondering if anybody
might be able to help.
When I first tried out 1.6 I had consistent crashes trying to print but thru
the magic of dumb luck this seems all sorted now and I do get a dialog asking
me where to print to. I can print to file just fine but nothing ever gets
printed to paper. I have two printers set up via cups, one parallel and one
USB. Neither one shows print jobs arriving. The default printer is 'lpr' and
neither it nor my other printer names seem to work. I also get the following
error message in the terminal window:

** sh: lpr: command not found
Warning **: Missing beginpage in print job

I have only done limited printing thru linux (btw, I run Debian unstable with
a 2.4.5 kernel) and this most likely is an operator problem.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Jens