Problems compiling 1.6.0

Linas Vepstas linas@linas.org
Wed, 13 Jun 2001 12:48:42 -0500

On Wed, Jun 13, 2001 at 08:12:37AM -0700, jens was heard to remark:
> On Wednesday 13 June 2001 06:04, you wrote:
> > In a message dated: Tue, 12 Jun 2001 22:28:08 +0200
> >
> > Viktor Rosenfeld said:
> > >Hi folks,
> > >
> > >I try to compile 1.6.0 on Debian woody, but I get the following error
> > >message during ./configure:
> >
> > I've been getting a lot of such errors as well.  Usually it's because
> > I have older packages than GnuCash requires installed.  I'm running
> > Debian unstable, and I've been apt-get'ing a bunch of new packages
> > since last night just to get past this.
>
> I have just joint the list and have missed the beginning of this thread but I
> thought I would let you know that GnuCash does indeed work with Debian
> unstable. I did have to install a whole bunch of dependencies manually though.

Many if not most of the gnucash developers run debian unstable.

If anything, this sometimes causes problems for the 'stable'
releases, where the required packages are older, and may have bugs
tht gnucash expects to be fixed ...

--linas