Installing 1.6 on Debian unstable (sid)

ghaverla@freenet.edmonton.ab.ca ghaverla@freenet.edmonton.ab.ca
Tue, 19 Jun 2001 06:34:34 -0600 (MDT)

On Tue, 19 Jun 2001, Gareth Jones wrote:

> Having a little trouble here. I get a complaint about a missing dependency
> (libgwrapguile0 >= 0.9.1). That deb isn't available in unstable, so I make
> the assumption that libgwrapguile1 (which is installed) should be adequate
> (is this a correct assumption)?
>
> Then I install gnucash with:
>
> dpkg --force-depends gnucash-etc.
>
> This works, and  I can run the program...unfortunately, every time I try to
> install something with dselect (using apt as the source), dselect uninstalls
> gnucash. This even happens when I tell it to "hold" the gnucash package.
>
> Any hints or pointers? As you can tell, I'm not too hot with dselect /
> apt-get etc.

I am running unstable at home, and I just did a dist-upgrade
(well, it took 3 days; I hadn't done a dist-upgrade in a
long time, and this was a 56k dialup).  Gnucash came down and
installed with everything else.  So, one method is to do
a dist-upgrade.  Otherwise you could try apt-get install
on ALL the packages gnucash needs.

Gord

Matter Realisations     http://www.materialisations.com/
Gordon Haverland, B.Sc. M.Eng. President
101  9504 182 St. NW    Edmonton, AB, CA  T5T 3A7
780/481-8019            ghaverla @ freenet.edmonton.ab.ca
780/993-1274 (cell)