Installing 1.6 on Debian unstable (sid)

James LewisMoss jimdres@mindspring.com
19 Jun 2001 09:19:27 -0400

>>>>> On Tue, 19 Jun 2001 11:40:13 +0100, "Gareth Jones" <gareth@uberdog.net> said:

 Gareth> Having a little trouble here. I get a complaint about a
 Gareth> missing dependency (libgwrapguile0 >= 0.9.1). That deb isn't
 Gareth> available in unstable, so I make the assumption that
 Gareth> libgwrapguile1 (which is installed) should be adequate (is
 Gareth> this a correct assumption)?

 Gareth> Then I install gnucash with:

 Gareth> dpkg --force-depends gnucash-etc.

 Gareth> This works, and I can run the program...unfortunately, every
 Gareth> time I try to install something with dselect (using apt as
 Gareth> the source), dselect uninstalls gnucash. This even happens
 Gareth> when I tell it to "hold" the gnucash package.

 Gareth> Any hints or pointers? As you can tell, I'm not too hot with
 Gareth> dselect / apt-get etc.

Jim

--
@James LewisMoss <dres@debian.org>      |  Blessed Be!