gnucash's dependencies criticized/OT

Michael P. Soulier msoulier@storm.ca
Wed, 20 Jun 2001 08:43:55 -0400

--/8Xxy37xq6kDVsli

On Mon, Jun 18, 2001 at 07:04:45PM -0700, GLeeJohnson wrote:
>=20
> i agree with everything you said.......:) fwiw...i use gnome because i
> "prefer" the look/feal of gnome..i also wonder about the fate of kde beca=
use
> of microsofts entanglement in corel.......paranoia maybe and not based on
> facts but it bothers me I'd actually like to think i'm way off base......=

    Not sure what Corel has to do with it.=20

    I currently use KDE because it seems far less bloated than Gnome, more
polished, more stable. However, I'm equally at home running IceWM and a few
xterms, and damn is that fast. What I'm tired of is trying to run applicati=
ons
from that environment and finding that someone has so closely tied the
application to it that it's almost impossible. I mean, why do I need corba =
run one, lonely Gnome app??=20

    sorry, rant over. :)

    Mike

--=20
Michael P. Soulier <msoulier@storm.ca>=20
"With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. However, this is not necessari=
ly a
good idea. It is hard to be sure where they are going to land, and it could=
 be
dangerous sitting under them as they fly overhead." -- RFC 1925

--/8Xxy37xq6kDVsli

--/8Xxy37xq6kDVsli--