Problems with popt

Bruno Trevisan bt@async.com.br
Wed, 20 Jun 2001 11:53:14 -0300 (BRT)

Hi

Almost giving up installing GC1.6... hell on earth!
I've instaled popt, in versions 1.5 and them in 1.6.1 and now in 1.6.2,
the LD_LIBRARY_PATH on my system includes the place where the libraries
are, I _did_ run ldconfig as root after instalation, and I tested popt,
it is working but ./configure in gnucash insists:

checking for poptStrippedArgv in -lpopt... no
configure: error:

  popt 1.5 or newer is required to build gnucash. You can download
  the latest version from ftp://people.redhat.com/sopwith/popt/, or if
  you're running Debian, install the libpopt-dev pacakge.

What am I missing?

Thanx

  Bruno Trevisan        |=|         Async Open Source
  bt@async.com.br       |=|         +55 16 274-4311
                        |=|         http://www.async.com.br