canadian stock quotes and account totals

Bill Gribble grib@linuxdevel.com
Wed, 20 Jun 2001 08:43:36 -0500

On Wed, Jun 20, 2001 at 03:19:17PM +0200, Martin Hill wrote:
> It would be nice if the total automatically did the conversion using
> the exchange rate. Does this make sense? Could be I just don't
> understand the design well enough...

We've talked about this as a egneralization of the current Euro
handling, where accounts in Euro currencies are displayed with two
columns, one Euro and one "native".  In a similar way, if a global
"reporting currency" was selected we could display all balances
converted to this currency in a way that would make it possible to
total subaccounts in different currencies.

This will probably show up in the 1.7 series.

Bill Gribble