Problems with popt - is history

Bruno Trevisan bt@async.com.br
Wed, 20 Jun 2001 16:40:54 -0300 (BRT)

Dear All

Thanx so much for your kind help. None of the ansewers were right into the
point, but most of them were clues for me to find out what was going on.
What happened was that I had a _very_ old version of popt instaled at
/usr/lib and all the new ones I tried were being instaled in
/usr/local/lib but config assumed that he one in /usr/lib was to be used,
so it failed all the time. Removing the old libraries solved the
problem.

GC1.6 is now compiled and running! But I must say: it's a dependencies
hell to get it built :)

see ya

  Bruno Trevisan        |=|         Async Open Source
  bt@async.com.br       |=|         +55 16 274-4311
                        |=|         http://www.async.com.br