Accounting problems

Marcel Felgentraeger marcel.felgentraeger@gmx.de
Thu, 21 Jun 2001 05:54:57 +0200

Hello everybody.

I have a little accounting problem and hope somebody can help me out. I share
a bank account with my girl friend for our living expenses. Both of us pay
the same amount each month and all the expenses for the food, furniture, etc.
are paid from this account.

The problem is, that I don't know how to book all the expenses correctly. I
have an account for all the expenses that are paid from this bank account,
but I don't really know how to deal with the money my girl friend pays. If I
book it as income, it does not really feel right, since it is not my money,
but passes just through one of my accounts. Also, when I try to do an win /
loss report, or just look at my expenses, I think I get the wrong results,
since there is also the money from my girl friend, which gives me more
expenses than I should normally have alone.

Hope somebody can help me. Oh, by the way, Gnucah 1.6 is great and the first
version I had no problems installing :)

CU
Marcel