1.60 and Mandrake 8.0

Eduardo Dominguez edmz@yahoo.com
Thu, 21 Jun 2001 00:33:32 -0500

This problem is caused by Guppi, which uses python. Gnucash
doesnt use Python directly.
What I did, was to download Guppi source as tgz and compile it.
First, make sure you dont have a libguppi rpm installed.
When compiling Guppi, you will need to update lots of rpms,
all of which will be obvious when make fails and spits
an error saying a file or library is missing. What i did
was type the file name in rpmfind.net and i got
the corresponding rpm.
Took me about 2 hours to get it running.

Good luck!

On Wednesday 20 June 2001 18:42, Paul Tatham wrote:
> Don Carroll wrote:
> > I have installed the 1.60 rpms for MK8 and this is what I get[don@blue
> > don]$ gnucash
> > Could not find platform independent libraries <prefix>
> > Could not find platform dependent libraries <exec_prefix>
> > Consider setting $PYTHONHOME to <prefix>[:<exec_prefix>]
> > 'import site' failed; use -v for traceback
> > Fatal Python error: couldn't import os
> > Aborted
> >
> > if I set PYTHONHOME=/usr/lib/python2.0
> > I get this
> >   'import site' failed; use -v for traceback
> > Fatal Python error: couldn't import os
> > Aborted
> >
> > anyone get this running with 8.0
>
> I get exactly the same thing. So far I haven't found or seen the
> solution. Anyone got any ideas?
>
> Paul

Eduardo Dominguez
Civilization - biggest syntax error in history!